What are the benefits of an Enterprise Visitor Management System?
For many large companies, their Visitor Management System was purchased as a replacement for a paper visitor logbook, which had failed to meet the requirements of regulations and standards. As an organization grows and the volume of visitors, contractors, vendors increases, small scale solutions often struggle to meet the safety, security and compliance requirements of expanding companies.
In this article we will unpack what an Enterprise Visitor Management system is and its major benefits.
WHAT IS AN ENTERPRISE VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
Large companies with high traffic lobbies will often have complex security requirements and a heavier compliance burden. For any large organization, managing entrance security is fundamental to maintaining building security overall. An Enterprise Visitor Management solution will be an integrated component of the entrance security plan, and the security plan overall.
An Enterprise Visitor Management solution will have the functionality to integrate into the physical access control system, limiting visitor access to approved areas and improving security and compliance. Enterprise Visitor Management solutions can be used to initiate, approve, record and update visitor, contractor and vendor profiles and their related physical access permissions. This in turn improves resource productivity, lowers cost and improves security and compliance outcomes.
BENEFITS OF ENTERPRISE VISITOR MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Continued Visitor Management compliance failures will often represent an ongoing audit issue, which jeopardises certification and the commercial arrangements linked to it. The upgrade to an Enterprise Visitor Management system presents a number of benefits:
- Cost reduction – Process automation improves productivity, reduces the cost per transaction, and vastly improves security and compliance outcomes. Automation can also enable contractors, vendors and non-citizens with appropriate access with higher accuracy, locking-in regulatory compliance within every process step.
- Improved service delivery – Enterprise solutions include a number of self-service features for hosts and visitors, and automated approval processes that deliver higher service levels than standards solutions and manual processes.
- Improved resource utilization – Automating visitor access management processes allows security departments to operate more efficiently by decreasing the number of people, time and infrastructure that would be required to manage access additions, changes and removals at scale.
- Improved safety outcomes – In the context of COVID-19 business leaders need to understand the risks of people contracting the virus in their workplace and taking reasonable steps to prevent the spread. Keeping infected people out of the building through pre-entry health checks and inductions, thermal scanners and contactless technology integrated into the Enterprise Visitor Management system will help to achieve that.
- Improved policy compliance – Visitor access privileges are granted according to policy, and all individuals and services are properly authenticated, authorized and auditable.
- Improved security posture – Companies that properly manage identities have greater control of user access, which reduces the risk of security breaches.
- Employee self-service – Common physical access management processes can be managed by host and visitors off-site, allowing security operations to focus on critical risks and security management rather than administrative tasks.
- Security risk management – Enterprise solutions better enforce policy compliance around access approvals and privileged access, and address issues regarding privilege creep, insider threat and hybrid working arrangements.
- Adaptable physical access delivery – Enterprise Visitor Management solutions provide attribute-based physical access, to ensure visitors, contractors and vendors have the right access every time they enter facilities.
- Improved audit outcomes – Enterprise Visitor systems help companies demonstrate that physical access management policies are enforced, with auditable reporting available on demand.
COVID-19 has changed the landscape for large scale Visitor Management Systems and is accelerating technology modernization projects to help companies deal with the operational, legal and regulatory risks a workplace outbreak presents. This is driving more companies to invest in Enterprise Visitor Management solutions.
To find out more about RightCrowd Enterprise Visitor Management please contact us.