Junior Software Engineer
Junior Software Engineer
RightCrowd builds enterprise products for organizations all around the world that use our products to manage and automate their physical security, safety, and compliance processes. We have a great bunch of people who love working together and we offer flexible working hours and great job security.
Working with the Delivery team to understand customer requirements, you will be responsible for contributing to the design and development of high-quality error-free solutions that meet the requirements of RightCrowd customers. You will be responsive and take ownership of issues related to the developed solutions.
This position is full time and is based out of our head office located in Gold Coast, Australia (Robina).
To be successful in this position, you will need to have the ability to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide development expertise to build solutions for RightCrowd customers
- Develop system solutions, estimates and specifications
- Contribute to technical designs and see them through the Agile development lifecycle when applicable
- Provide timely and effective advice on progress with the ability to meet agreed expectations and deadlines
- Ensure developed solutions are within agreed and signed-off technical specifications or scrum user stories
- Ensure that coding is within standards that follow industry and internal practices
- Communicate proactively with the team when issues are encountered
- Where possible, ensure code is unit tested with zero defects before being passed to QA
- Ensure there are minimal outstanding open defects and assigned issues are closed on time and resolved properly to prevent any rework tasks
- Proactively contribute to the management of building reusable assets or code that will lessen development time and improve productivity
- Develop code that is stable and mature by requiring a minimal change in libraries
- Collaborate with other developers to brainstorm and explore new ideas
- Participate in design coding and peer reviews to improve the quality of code
- Be present, on-time, prepared and engaged in discussions in any meetings either in person or via Teams video or call
To be successful in this position, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications relevant to this role (tertiary or equivalent)
- Excellent organization skills, and the ability to truly think outside the box to find practical solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate and share your message with a highly diverse range of people
- The ability to perform independently and as part of a team
You will work closely with the RightCrowd Delivery team to understand customer requirements to be able to estimate and deliver custom solutions following the Agile Scrum methodology (where applicable).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.